Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Tinley Tech Limited who are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments or if you need to contact us, please email or write to us using the contact details below
Our Contact details:
Tinley Tech Limited
The New Barns
Phone: 01767 676181
760 0012 89
Company Registration Number (CRN): 05156155
Making A Purchase
Currently, our on-line store is designed for UK purchases, but has been extended to cover shipping to the EU, USA and Canada.
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our products online, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept credit/debit card payments via PayPoint and PayPal.
We accept Visa and Mastercard. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Back-ordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You may send your credit card information via phone, fax, post or over the Internet (but not via e-mail).
You will receive confirmation that your order has been received by us. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
We endeavour to keep our on-line store in line with our stock. However, should we run short of stock that is indicated on our website, we may substitute components of equivalent specification.
Shipping and Handling
Delivery costs depend on weight, service and destination.
For small items, we use Royal Mail (first class). Most items are delivered the next working day. Please Note: Only online orders received by 3:30pm will be included in next day delivery.
Our normal delivery service to mainland UK is "next working day" once the order has been dispatched. Although our carriers normally meet this target, we cannot guarantee that they will. In the event that a delivery will not meet the target timescale, we will contact you as soon as we know.
The majority of orders are compiled from stock items. These are normally dispatched within one working day (this may be longer during busy periods), for delivery the following working day.
If there is a delay, we will contact you to let you know.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
For orders made from the EU, 20% VAT is added (or the prevailing standard rate of VAT).
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed on our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any website.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All of our products come with a twelve-month manufacturer's guarantee.
See our Returns Policy for details.
If you need to reach us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively, you can call us on 01767 676181 (International +44 1767 676181) or write to us at Tinley Tech, The New Barns, Mill Road, Great Gransden, Cambridgeshire, SG19 3AG, United Kingdom
Tinley Tech Limited do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
- All returns must be accompanied by a returns number (RN), issued by Tinley Tech. The RN must be obtained by telephoning the Returns Department at Tinley Tech. Tinley Tech reserve the right to refund or exchange goods at its discretion and charge a 25% re-stocking fee for correctly supplied goods returned.
- A purchase invoice must be provided for any returned item before a RN can be issued
- The RN must be clearly visible on the outside of the packaging
- No goods will be replaced before faulty goods are received back, goods will be repaired/replaced at the discretion of Tinley Tech
- It is the buyer's responsibility to return the goods to Tinley Tech. Any cost incurred in returning the goods will be the sole responsibility of the buyer
- No refund or exchange will be given for parts purchased from other suppliers
- Unused items or incorrectly supplied items must be returned in 'as new' and saleable condition, any correctly supplied goods are subject to a re-stocking charge if returned.
- All goods returned as faulty will be tested before credit is issued. If goods are found to be in good working order, Tinley Tech reserves the right to charge for the test procedure according to our labour rates (minimum £10)
- All returned goods must be in good condition. No credit or exchange will be given for worn or damaged items with the exception of goods damaged in transit (see below for conditions) and if the customer has informed us of the damage within the timescales required by the transport company. Refunds will be conditional on the buyer not having prejudiced the shipping company's claims procedure.
- Credit will only be given for goods damaged in transit if the delivery note is signed goods damaged'
- Mechanical parts such as reducers, solenoids etc will be tested for blockage e.g. rust particles/heavy ends from the gas, wear and tear etc. If a manufacturing defect is identified a credit will be issued. However if the fault is found to be caused by dirt, blockage or physical damage, a labour charge will be levied for cleaning and refurbishing the item and goods will be returned to the customer with the next order (or sooner if requested by the customer however normal shipping charges will apply). Our current labour rates are £30 per hour
- Electronics: Water ingress is NOT covered by the guarantee. Any electrical items that have been subjected to water ingress will be returned to the customer at the customer's expense without repair. Likewise electrical items damaged by incorrect installation will not be warranted. In each case, a charge will be made for the testing procedure.
- Tinley Tech reserves the right to alter or amend the returns policy from time to time without notice, details available on request.
- Goods will be supplied with a warranty as specified by the manufacturer. The conditions of the warranty may vary depending on the goods -details available on request. In all cases warranty will not exceed 12 months from the date of purchase.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at https://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 7 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed.
Any goods returned should be in saleable condition.
These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future.
None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.